Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Reporting In On My Last Three Days

Hi! It's been a couple of days since my last posting......let's see here.....first off, Jake got his AKC Canine Good Citizen certificate in the mail. So, I went to the store and bought a frame for that. Of course, when I got the certificate, it came with a brochure of all kinds of Canine Good Citizen's pet tags, leashes, etc. So, I ordered a small silver tag for his collar with his name on it.......he's doing super good.......and he deserves a trip to PetCo real soon. :)

My classes are done for this year.....they will start back up next year, so my schedule right now has opened up a tad......my walking group is still 3 times a week.....rain is coming for the next two days, so I'll end up going to the gym on the treadmill instead of walking outside. I hate wet sneakers LOL! I went to the gym this morning to watch the Dr. Oz show......I like going to the gym when there is a good TV show, it keeps me there double the time I would of stayed without a workout distractor :)

Last night's poker tournament was okay........I lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes coming in at 12th out of 30th for the second week in a row. Just can't seem to jump into that top 10 yet......but it's so much fun. I would say that out of 30 players, there are only 4 women playing (including me). I will continue my quest to gain card playing experience and, of course, feed my social interaction. :)

The Manchester Young Professionals Network has a "Power Lunch" class on Wordpress on Thursday from noon to 1. The class looks pretty basic for people who want to start a blog on Wordpress, but I still want to attend to see if there are any Wordpress advanced topics that might come up in discussion and it might lead to other networking events that I might be interested in (and it's free) :)

Other than that, it will be a quiet week and thru the rainy days ahead I will hang out with Jake and go to the gym. I'll be back to bug you again. Have a great night! :)

2 comments:

Moxie Reviews™ said...

Congratulations, Jake, on your Canine Good Citizen award! As it's raining here--actually pouring here--would be accurate--I assume you were back on the treadmill. I always seem to hit the gym when there is nothing interesting on to watch!

Bugging us? We love reading your blog! x Moxie and the Bernese Mountain Dog girls

DP said...

Thanks Moxie! Today I sent in for the stainless steel tag for Jake's collar for $8.....those places nickel and dime me but, for Jake, it is super worth it! :) LOL!

Oh and about the gym, I line up my TV shows and I'll be at the gym when my favorite show will be on TV.....heehee :)

Hope you have a nice rest of your week.....rain rain go away! :)