Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Walking and Today's Little Project

Hi! I got 103 Podcasts downloaded on my Blackberry (average Podcast is 40 minutes long) I'm waiting for my Blackberry to explode. These Podcast downloads are a real battery killer, big time. My Blackberry battery (now, remember, I got this new Blackberry two months ago) use to last 5 hours......downloading Podcasts and the battery is low in 2 hours. But soooooo worth it. Do you know what a Podcast is? In my own words, a Podcast an audio file downloaded off the internet and updated from a feed. So, in my little world, the Podcasts I listen to are archived talk shows on my favorite topics. I listen to dog talk shows, poker talk shows, comedy talk shows......actually, here's the website I actually pull the Podcasts from to download on my Blackberry. The app on Blackberry is called PodTrapper. I'm on a 30 day free trial, then I have the option to buy the app......don't really remember how much it is to buy, less than 10 bucks I'm sure, but I'm getting alot of use out of the free trial and you know how some apps are cheesy and work half the time or not at all, I've got to say, this one works great so far.

This morning's walk was held at Stark Park and I got pictures. First let me tell you that this walk was mostly thru little neighborhoods and there wasn't much to take pictures of, but I got a few........

Stark Park in Manchester, New Hampshire

Everyone showed up to walk.....see my car, the black SUV, right there.....

Another picture of Stark Park

Stark park is located next to the Youth Detention Center (YDC)

Another picture of YDC

So that was fun. I like my walking group and we are half way thru the walking schedule.....13 more walks to go and that will get me to Nov 11th. We have a little get-together (they call it a banquet) on Nov 15th for lunch and then say good bye to each other until the walking group resumes in the spring. But let's not talk about that now, I still have 13 more walks to go and a whole lot of Podcasts to go thru! :)

So, I bought a little 2 year calendar at the store a few weeks ago and I got a plain, simple one because I wanted to decorate it myself. I'm sure you already know where I am going with this LOL! So, I put some pictures on one of those USB memory sticks and went to CVS to develop the pictures. 11 tiny pictures (double prints) cost me 89 cents!!! Not only do I love little projects, I love Cheap little projects! :)........Okay, that's it, I'm done talking, time to show you what I did, step by step........

First we get the tools together that we are going to use.....

Then we get the pictures out that we developed today....

Then we cut the pictures apart and take the plastic jacket off the calendar...

Then we assemble them in the order we like....

We work from the bottom up, sticking them to the cover of the calendar.....

All the pictures are stuck on the cover of the calendar....

Make sure we do both sides and put the plastic jacket back on......

And that's what it looks like! :) Uh-Oh, we got two pictures left over....

We won't let those go to waste.....

Nice huh!!! :) I love it! And so does Jake!
So, that's what we did today! And then I had class tonight. This blogging class was a 6 week course and it was free and something for me to do. I learned a few little things about blogging I didn't know before, like changing out the blog template to a customized one, but I'm not going to do that, because I like the template I'm using now. So, now we wait a few months for a new class to start. This was held at the Nackey S. Loeb School of Communication. The next class I want to take here is Sports Writing but it's not being offered yet, so I have to wait and I will take another interesting class in between now and then. Sooooo, that was my day today! How was yours? :)

1 comment:

http://www.moxiereviews.com said...

Our Mom has written this before but, she will write it again. She wishes she lived closer to be able to walk with your group--oh, yes, we'd like to go, too! Woof.

We just love your craft project. Don't know how your Mom can concentrate on her schedule, though, with all your pictures there! Must be very distracting. LOL! x

We like your blog template, too.

Thank you for the post! Berner girls! x