Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

An Exciting Few Days......

Well, what an exciting day today was!! :) Today Jake and I had a amazing day meeting Pippi (@pippitweets) and her Mom and Dad. They rolled into town and gave us some of their time to say hello and get to talking. Pippi (a 5 year old Scottie) and Jake spent time in the park. And Jake was on one of his most behaved days. I think he's calming down with age. The first two minutes he was overly excited and on guard to our new visitors, but he settled right down in step with Pippi as they walked the park together. Pippi's Mom, Abigail, talked about her and her husband's job as marketing truck drivers, truck drivers who market products for their company's clients......yeah, can ya believe it, two great jobs merged into one. She talked about where she has been on tour and, it was funny, cause when I told her all the places in this country I've been to, I didn't have to use state names......I said Yuma, Mission, Orlando and she knew where they all were. She even brought Jake a gift! A t-shirt, and just in time for the cooler season to approach, and it fits him perfectly! Bad boy scull t-shirt!!!

My new t-shirt!

Thank you Pippi!! Hope you come back soon!
So that was today! So it's neat to see pictures after pictures of someone then finally meet them! Hope Pippi and her Mom and Dad comes to visit again soon! :) Be safe on the road......

The "hurricane" decreased to a tropical storm when it arrived in New Hampshire on Sunday. It wasn't that bad around here (south central New Hampshire), but as for northern New Hampshire, the after effects of a watery storm sure took it's toll on some of the bridges and roads up there. Just about an hour north, some road are washed out, campgrounds are suffering from washed out damages, and temporary bridges are going to be built around bridges that collapsed. The news channel talked about the storm before it got here and they are still talking about the damages from the storm after it is long gone. We didn't lose power here at all, not even a flicker, but my cousin in Massachusetts still has no power as of this morning.

OH, you are going to love this.....I called my auto finance company today just to let them know I'm making a payment in cash at a bank branch (this is normal for me to do since the bank I use only for my auto loan is disfunctional sometimes, and "disfunctional" is the right word for it.....so anyways....), and they told me over the phone that if I made a payment over the phone with them they will waive the $20 dollar processing fee if I was a victim of the "hurricane". Well, thinking to myself, it's really no big deal to me cause I'll just hop over to the bank and make the cash payment (I'm SO old fashioned that way), I told the lady that I was not a victim of the hurricane. She said "but you are in New Hampshire and the storm went thru New Hampshire didn't it?" I said "Yep, came thru New Hampshire, but we don't have property damage or flood damage at all on our land." She said to me, "But, you did have emotional sufferings and set backs, didn't you?" EMOTIONAL WHAT???? So, I said to her "Well, it does disturb me that the Merrimack River is five feet higher than what it should be." She said, "SEE, right there!!! It did effect you! I'll waive that $20 dollar processing fee and process your payment right away!" There was no way I was going to argue with this lady so I just deposited my payment into my check account.....sigh.......

Have a good night! :)

(PS: I can see this blogging platform "Blogger" is going thru some growth spurts so if there's mistakes in my posting, it means their spell check didn't work today)

No comments: