Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Walking and Bell

Well, there is not a whole lot going on over here.....but there are a few things that I've done this week. The walking group I belong to had their banquet on Tuesday which was worth going to. I mean, a whole restaurant room of senior citizens and lottery scratch tickets was entertaining to watch.......boy, they make scratching those tickets an art form by itself and a sport. We had lunch and they pulled some raffles.....right up my alley :) I got my little certificate saying that I walked 39.5 miles this fall.....not too bad and I'm glad someone kept track of it cause I sure didn't. :) The walking group will pick up again in early April and I'm looking forward to it.....

Then this week I decided to teach Jake to ring a bell for his treats. I thought it would be good to get that dog thinking again....LOL! I mean, he gets everything for free, he might as well work for something. So, anyways, it's just a regular typical desk/counter bell and (this was a learning lesson for both of us here) I was trying to think of how to "condition" him to ring the bell for a treat. So at first he didn't associate the treat and the bell at all. He would just skip the bell and paw at my hand for the treat. So I thought and thought (this wasn't suppose to be a brain exercise for me.....ugh!) And then I figured out that if I put the treat under the bell, he would paw at the bell and when the bell "binged" I would lift the bell and he would get the treat........okay, maybe I serious need a job at this rate LOL!! Wayyyy too much time on my hands and I'm just going to end up annoying the whole household with this bell thing. Moving on.....

What else, what else.....tomorrow we are going shopping because my parents want to buy a security camera for this property (three floor apartment building) because someone passing thru our driveway set off the vehicle alarm on the Dodge Ram over the weekend. So now, my parents want to monitor outside activity and these security camera are pretty sophisticated these days......I mean, you can monitor all cameras right from a computer website and if there is any movement activity it will alert you in an email......pretty much all automated.....so, we will go check those out and see what we find.....(yes, I'm very well aware that I will now get two million spam comments on "video surveillance cameras" LOL!)

Okay, I'm outta here. Behave yourself and I'll be back! :) Nite Nite....

No comments: